Tuesday, June 21, 2011

55 years

My beautiful grandparents celebrated their 55th anniversary last week. 55 YEARS! Is anyone else just opened mouthed at that?!

I've never really thought about it until last week as I made a wee card for them. 55 years... them be some long years! Good, bad, ugly, pretty, sensational, I could go on. In 55 years, I'm sure any couple would go through every emotion known to man (and possibly animal). Determination. Willpower. Strength. Love.

It takes a lot of love to wake up to the same person every day for 55 years. I'm so proud of my grandparents!

I'm thankful that our family comes from strong couplings. My grandparents and parents are very good role models in today's society. I toast them all. Congratulations Granny and Grampy, here's to another 55!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow - 55 years! That makes me smile. A million congrats to your Granny and Grampy!

    p.s. the card is absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete