Wednesday, October 1, 2008

world vegetarian day


vegetarians unite! ok, well I'm not a vegetarian, but I'm certainly substituting a lot of soy products for meat/dairy. I'm lactose intolerant but I do tend to cheat (hence the cheddar in the photo... oh and the sour cream...)... soy cheese just sometimes doesn't cut it, and is there such a thing as soy sour cream? probably.

anyways, anyways... since recently moving out with my sista, I've done loads of cooking! I've gone from loathing cooking to walking to the farmers market and filling my tote with fresh veggies and cooking up a storm! it's fun! I love it! once I get a table, I may even invite you over for some of my new favorite dishes... one of them being vegetarian beet chili (pictured above – we got the idea from our friend Ruthie)! made with delicious beets and carrots from the strathcona farmers market and some nice soy ground.

sweet. so happy vegetarian day friends. and p.s. October just happens to be vegetarian month! if you have any great recipe sites... do pass them along ;) and maybe try eating veg for a day?

1 comment:

  1. this looks delish! You can make me dinner anytime!

    ReplyDelete